Welcome to Automobile Excellence Lab
Batmobile on Mahindra Xylo
- Batmobile is regarded as the ultimate superhero car in the DC Comics Universe. The indestructible Batmobile has featured in many movies and with every new movie, the vehicle only becomes more aggressive looking. Batmobile is a fantasy thing just like the superheroes but there are many who would love to experience the life of a superhero! There are many replica Batmobiles around the world. In India, a group of students have made a replica of the latest Batmobile and it looks insane!
- Batmobile on Mahindra Xylo
The Batmobile seen in the pictures is made by a group of students of Zeal Education Institute, Pune. The project is funded by the college and is made from scratch by a group of students. The Batmobile looks quite realistic in the videos and it gets all the bling on the outside too.Talking about the vehicle itself, everything has been made by the in-house team including the roll cage of the vehicle. To start with, the students first made a scale model of the Batmobile, which was used as a reference to make the life-size model of the Batmobile. The project took around 50 days to complete, which is a very short time for such a project. The total cost? According to the video, it took only Rs 3.58 lakhs for the whole project.
- The Batmobile itself looks like an alien pod with sharp design all around. It gets an all-black paint job, just like Batman wanted in the movie. The windscreen is also all-black and the body gets a layered design, which looks extremely eye-catchy. Interestingly, the windscreen is opaque and does not lets the driver see outside the car! At the front, it gets four tyres mounted on two single-sided swingarms, which is identical to the Batmobile in the movie. At the rear, the vehicle gets a huge faux jet-propulsion system and huge four-tyres. There’s also a wing mounted on the rear.Everything in the car, including the roll cage, which will save the occupants in case the vehicle flips over is made in-house by the students. The doors are gullwing styled, which open up to reveal the really busy cabin. There is a space for two inside the vehicle and just above the steering wheel, a huge screen is mounted. Since Batman needs extreme privacy, there are no windows or transparent windshield. Instead, cameras have been mounted all around the car that projects live feed to the screen.There are a lot of parts used in this vehicle from the Mahindra Xylo MPV. The powerhouse in this Batmobile comes from the Xylo too. The 2.6-litre diesel engine sits in the front of the Batmobile. Other crucial parts like the transmission and the prop shaft also come from the Xylo. According to the video, the Batmobile can reach a top speed of 125 km/h, which is much slower than the original Batmobile standards but is quick enough for the Indian roads.
- This lab is dedicatedly given for student to build the Practical Skills apart from the academic.
- As every year the number of mechanical students past out form the colleges but, they not able to solve the small problem with their own bike. To fulfill this big gap we are provided this lab for 24×7 to student with advance maintenance tools and equipments like 4-Hydraulic Ramps, 6-Pneumatic Gun, 8- Pneumatic Air Gun, Spark-Plug Tester, Diesel Wash, MIG Welding, SMT (Standard Maintenance Tools).
This lab is mainly used for two purposes
FOR MAINTENANCE OF STUDENT OWN BIKE
After every semester we arrange the camp for student to troubleshoot and maintenance their own bike. Almost 600 students use these facilities.
TO PARTICIPATE NATIONAL LEVEL RACE COMPETITIONS
- This lab is also used for design and fabrication of vehicle by student for various national level competitions like SAE BAJA -ATV, SUPRA-F1, Go-kart, ESVC-Solar car.
- We have four individual teams of 25 students for participates SAE BAJA, SUPRA, Go-kart, ESVC event.
- This lab is 24×7 (Day-Night) open for student and they use with their convenient time.
- From last three years we are participate in national level BAJ SAEINDIA competition which was organized by Mahindra Company with SAEINDIA and held at Pritampur Madhya Pradesh (M.P.).
ZEAL BAJA-SAEINDIA EVENT
- In 2015 we achived Best Build Quality & Aesthetics And Only Debutant Team From Pune
- In 2016 we got the 12th rank in all over India for “Endurance Race”, Air 30th Zero Breakdown and 4th to Complete Suspension & Traction
- In2017 we got the all over rank 21th in India, 3rd in Suspension Traction and 4th in Acceleration Test.
ZEAL GO-KART EVENTS
- Our Go-kart team was participates in International Go-Kart Championship 2015, Jalandhar;Punjab and Indian SuperKarting Series 2016 at Ujjain Madhya Pradesh (M.P.) and we got the 1st rank in all over India for “BEST ACCELERATION” in both competitions.
ZEAL SUPRA SAEINDIA EVENT
- In 2017 we particept in Supra 2017 kicked off on the 26th of June 2017 to 1st of July. This event is jointly organized by SAE India and Maruti Suzuki India limited for the students of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering of the country.
- Students design and build a Formula type prototype car for the event with a maximum engine capacity of 600cc. 129 Teams participated in 2017 out of which 31 teams cleared the technical scrutiny, brake test, acceleration test, skid pad and autocross to the final test of the event, the endurance race which is 8 laps of the only formula 1 track of India Buddh International Circuit in greater Noida. U.P.
- Supra 2017 was the debut event for Team Racing Pioneers (car no. 105, Aghanya)in to the world of formula racing and claiming the most prestigious award “Best Innovation Award 2017“and it was the only debut team who completed the entire event successfully.
- Team racing pioneers has been –participating in SAE BAJA since 2014 and is one of the top 20 teams in India which has showed consistent growth by building better cars year after year.
- The car 105 was appreciated by FMSCI judges, Technical evaluation judges and the German judges because it was competing with a 200 cc engine against 390cc and 600cc capacity engines and there was no difference in performance.
Lab Equipment List
HYDRAULIC RAMP, VERTICAL PANEL, POWER PACK 1: 4, CANOPY FOR POWER PACK, PARTS CLEANER, PARTS TROLLEY, PNEUMATIC IMPACT WRENCH (3/8″) GRY, AIR GUN, COILED HOSE (5 MTR), IMPACT SOCKET, HYDRAULIC RAMP, VERTICAL PANEL, COMPRESSOR-5 HP, PNEUMATIC GUN CP 1/2″, Maruti 800,car., DIFFERENTIAL UNIT, PROPELLER SHAFT SYSTEM, GEAR CUT SECTION, ENGINE CUTSECTION, STERRING ASSEMBLY, SUSPENSION SYSTEM, DIFFERENTIAL UNIT