To bridge the gap between industry and institute, students have to participate in industry program. By considering this, 14 students from third year mechanical engineering have participated in training program on “BASIC METROLOGY” at AMS Kolhapur. Expertise trained the students on all advance metrological instruments along with Geometrical dimensions & tolerance with more case studies in measurement. This program was organized under MOU signed with AMS Kolhapur as a part of industry institute interaction.
The same training program was organized from 11 to 13 December 2019 and the fees for the same training program was Rs. 2000/- per student, which was including morning and afternoon teas and lunch in noon, certificate and CD as a work material. AMS has provided the accommodation facility to students in AMS campus at free of cost for 3 days.
Following are the students participated in program.
- Sourabh S. Teli (TE Mech-C)
- Prafull M. Jangam (TE Mech-D)
- Akshay A. Patil (TE Mech-C)
- Shubham K. Bhoir (TE Mech-D)
- Abhishek B. Desai (TE Mech-D)
- Shubham Suryavanshi (TE Mech-D)
- Avadhut Mali (TE Mech-D)
- Akshay Suryawanshi (TE Mech-D)
- Vijayraj G. Mukane (TE Mech-B)
- Vaibhav R. Jadhav (TE Mech-D)
- Sarthak K. Jadhav (TE Mech-A)
- Mukunda A. Tanwade (TE Mech-C)
- Rushikesh Phanse (TE Mech-C)
- Akshay Khedkar (TE Mech-D)
On day 1 introduction to metrology and all instruments are covered theoretically and practical sessions were held on second day. All instruments were demonstrated in Demo room which are widely used in all industry. Importance of calibration and maintenance of instruments were also discussed.
AMS also manufactures limit gauges (GO- NO GO) gauges. While manufacturing of these gauges, how work tolerance and wear allowance is consider were discussed. AMS has NABL accredited calibration lab. Students have also visited calibration laboratory on third day.