One week National level Short Term Training Program on “SYSTEM PROGRAMMING AND ADVANCEMENT IN COMPILER CONSTRUCTION” was organized by Department of Information Technology of Zeal college of Engineering and research during 11th to 16th Dec 2017. Total 31 participants from various engineering institutes and industries across Maharashtra state had participated in this workshop.
System programming is the activity of programming computer system software. The primary distinguishing characteristic of systems programming when compared to application programming is that application programming aims to produce software which provides services to the user directly (e.g. word processor), whereas systems programming aims to produce software and software platforms which provide services to other software, are performance constrained, or both (e.g. operating systems, computational science applications, game engines and video games, industrial automation, and software as a service applications).
The STTP is intended to explore concept and advancement in compiler construction by renowned academicians invited from IIT, NIT, State Universities etc.Resource person from industry will help faculty member to enhance their practical skill in system level programming thorough hands on seminars.
Various experts from industries and academic institutes had contributed to this workshop by their able guidance. Following topics get covered in this workshop.
- Introduction to System Programming & Assembler by Prof. V. Kulkarni, MIT, Kothrud, Pune.
- Macro processors, Loaders and Linkers by Prof Kirti S. Korabu.
- Compiers &b Parsers by Pratyay Kuila Assistant Professor, NIT Sikkim.
- Implementing Lexical Analyzer & Yacc Programming by Mrs. M.A Jawale
- Semantic Analysis and Storage Allocation by O.G. Kakde VNIT Nagpur, Former Director VJTI Mumbai.
- Code Generation and Optimization.by O.G. Kakde VNIT Nagpur, Former Director VJTI Mumbai.
- Hands on sessions for implementing Parser by M.A. Pavaskar, Senior Software Engineer, GS Lab India Pune.
- DFA,NDFA and Turing Machine by J.V Aghav, Professor COEP Pune.
This Short term training program was inaugurated by Dr.S. R. Sakhare, Head Computer & Engineering Department, Vishwkarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune., Dr.S.D. Shirbahadurkar, Dean Academics ZCOER Dr. Sanjay A. Deokar, Campus Director Zeal Education Society, Dr. A. M. Kate, Principal ZCOER, Prof. Sandip U. Kadam, Head of Information Technology Department, ZCOER