Parent – Teacher MeetingZeal ZCOER
Electrical Engineering Department organized a parent-teacher meeting on Saturday,20th July 2019 in Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Auditorium. The meeting started at 11.00 am. Many Parents reported for the meet and have given their feedback for improvement. The meeting was chaired by Mr. Pradip Khandave Hon. Executive Director, Dr. A Kate Principal & Dr. A. A. Khandekar HOD Electrical Engineering.
Agenda of the meeting
- Discussion on analysis of Students done by conducting online test.
- Discussion on importance of improvement in student’s attitude, Behavior and communication skills for improving placements.
- Discussion of effect of less attendance on marks.
- Discussion about Role of parents to invest their time on students.
- To focus importance of Credits to be earned in respective years.
- Information of new facilities like Life Skills , Japanese Language classes, Python Courses, MOU with two Foreign Universities , Energy conservation unit installed in Campus
- To showcase on students progress in interdisciplinary projects.
Proceedings of the meeting
Mr. Pradip Khandave Hon. Executive Director Sir welcome parents and explained main motive of parents meet. He explained that gap between teaching facilities and parents should be bridged and both should come on same platform for betterment of students. Student’s attitude, Behavior and communications skills should be improved for best placement results and college is conducting activities like Life skills for this improvement in students. Parents should not support for absenteeism of students because results are directly proportional to attendance of students.
Dr. A M Kate Principal Sir, addressed parents by new activities carried out for student’s placement in our college. He explained importance of Japanese language certification course to acquire jobs in Japan also Python Language course for all disciplines. His future told that for students and Faculties College have done MOU with two foreign Universities. He also told about 120KW solar plant for energy conservation installed at our campus for which college got award. He also told that students should focus on interdisciplinary project by giving example of BATMAN car, solar vehicles, & solar bikes.
Prof. Viraj Barge Training and Placement coordinator Sir, gave information of companies visited our college and there requirement in terms of Percentage for students placements. He informed parents that student should get 60% throughout to appear for Multinational companies. Beside this entrepreneurship Courses are also conducted in campus. Planning’s for GRE and Toffel classes for abroad studies will also be soon conducted in college.
Dr. A. A. Khandekar HOD Electrical addressed parents and explained parents regarding credit system. He explained importance of achieving maximum credits in first & second year.
He informed parents that students are not in position to attend lectures continuously for 6 hours, so more efforts are expected to be taken by students. He also told parents to take responsibility of students to send them college.
Questions / suggestions by parents
- Parents suggested that mobile phones should be strictly prohibited in college campus.
- Parents enquired about attendance.
The queries related to the functioning of department were addressed by the chair. Further, he assured the parents that their queries beyond the purview of department would be discussed with Principal for better outcome.