INTAKE: 60 DURATION: 2 YEARS SEMESTER: 4
The MBA programme prepares a student for a career in diverse sectors of the industry domestically and globally. The MBA programme facilitates learning in theory and practice of different functional areas of management and equips the students with an integrated approach to various functions of management. However, the demand for managerial skills is not limited to the industry. Managerial talent is much sought by the Government Sector, NGOs, non-corporate sector as well.
Students also expect to become entrepreneurs. Their aspirations also require a broad based learning encompassing the end to end processes involved in developing entrepreneurial skills. Institutes, Faculty and Students need to move away from the excessive focus on industry and look at needs and demands of broader sections of the society also.
MBA Programme Specific Objectives:
- To equip the students with requisite knowledge, skills & right attitude; necessary to provide effective leadership in a global environment.
- To develop competent management professionals with strong ethical values, capable of assuming a pivotal role in various sectors of the Indian Economy &Society, aligned with the national priorities.
- To develop proactive thinking so as to perform effectively in the dynamic socio-economic and business ecosystem.
- To harness entrepreneurial approach and skillsets.
The revised MBA Curriculum 2019 builds on the implementation of the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and Grading System. The curriculum takes the MBA programme to the next level in terms of implementing Outcome Based Education along with the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and Grading System. All students admitted have choice of selection of specialization either only Major or combination of Major and Minor. Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has formed Major and Minor specializations as mentioned below.
Following Specializations are offered as Major
- Marketing Management (MKT)
- Financial Management (FIN)
- Human Resources Management (HR)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSCM)
- Business Analytics (BA)
Following Specializations are offered as Minor
- Rural & Agribusiness Management (RABM)
- Pharma & Healthcare Management (PHM)
- Tourism & Hospitality Management (THM)
MBA Programme Course Types & Evaluation Pattern
|Sr. No.||Course Type||Credits||Nature||Comprehensive Concurrent Evaluation (CCE) Marks||End Semester Evaluation (ESE) Marks||Total Marks|
|1||Generic Core (GC)||3||Compulsory||50||50||100|
|2||Subject Core (SC)||3||Compulsory (Specialization specific)||50||50||100|
|3||Generic Elective (GE – UL)||2||Elective||0||50||50|
|4||Generic Elective (GE – IL)||2||Elective||50||0||50|
|5||Subject Elective (SE – IL)||2||Elective (Specialization specific)||50||50||100|
|6||Summer Internship Project (SIP)||6||Project (Compulsory)||50||50||100|