INTAKE: 60 DURATION: 2 YEARS SEMESTER: 4
MBA Programme Objectives:
The MBA programme prepares a student for a career in diverse sectors of the industry domestically and globally. The MBA programme facilitates learning in theory and practice of different functional areas of management and equips the students with an integrated approach to various functions of management. However, the demand for managerial skills is not limited to the industry. Managerial talent is much sought by the Government Sector, NGOs, non-corporate sector as well.
Students also expect to become entrepreneurs. Their aspirations also require a broad based learning encompassing the end to end processes involved in developing entrepreneurial skills. Institutes, Faculty and Students need to move away from the excessive focus on industry and look at needs and demands of broader sections of the society also.
Specifically the objectives of the MBA Programme are:
- To equip the students with requisite knowledge, skills &right attitude necessary to provide effective leadership in a global environment.
- To develop competent management professionals with strong ethical values, capable of assuming a pivotal role in various sectors of the Indian Economy &Society, aligned with the national priorities.
- To develop proactive thinking so as to perform effectively in the dynamic socio-economic and business ecosystem.
- To harness entrepreneurial approach and skillsets.
Subject Core: A Core course may be a Subject Core if there is a choice or an option for the candidate to choose from a broad category (grouping) of subjects (specializations). These are also known as Soft Core Courses.
Following Specializations shall be offered:
- Marketing Management (MKT)
- Financial Management (FIN)
- Information Technology Management (IT)
- Operations Management (OPE)
- Human Resources Management (HR)
- International Business Management (IB)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Rural &Agribusiness Management (RABM)
- Family Business Management (FBM)
- Technology Management (TM)
- Banking and Insurance Management (BIM)
- Healthcare Management (HM)
- Entrepreneurship Development (ED)
- Services Management (SM)
- Retail Management (RM)
- Digital Media & Communication Marketing (MC)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management (THM)
- Defence Management (DM)
Generic Core Courses
Note: Each Generic Core Course is a Full Credit course of 45 hours. Out of 45 hours 35 hours shall be devoted to teaching – learning sessions and 10 hours for evaluation/projects.
30 marks shall be reserved for concurrent evaluation to be carried out by the Institute, 20 marks for online mid-term evaluation to be conducted by the University and 50 marks shall be term end written examination to be conducted by the University.
Course 304 – SIP shall have 4 Credits and 100 marks. (50 Marks for Concurrent Evaluation & 50 Marks for University Evaluation)
Course 402 – Dissertation shall have 4 Credits and 100 marks. (50 Marks for Concurrent Evaluation & 50 Marks for University Evaluation)
MBA SYLLABUS 2016 PATTERN
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD