One week National level Short Term Training Program on “RESEARCH TRENDS IN DESIGN AND ANALYSIS OF ALGORITHMS WITH R-PROGRAMMING” was organized by Department of Computer Engineering of Zeal college of Engineering and research during 4th to 8th Dec 2017. Total 34 participants from various engineering institutes and industries across Maharashtra state had participated in this workshop.
The aim of this STTP was to bring active and emerging topics of Design of algorithms to describe our beliefs about how the world functions. In mathematical modeling, we translate those beliefs into the language of mathematics. There is a large element of compromise in mathematical modeling. The majority of interacting systems in the real world are far too complicated to model in their entirety. Mathematical modeling can be used for a number of different reasons.
Design and Analysis of algorithm is systematic way of writing algorithms. It increasingly being applied in the practical fields of mathematics and Computer Science. This STTP is intended to elaborate the fundamental concept like Divide & Conquer, Greedy Algorithm, Dynamic Programming, Backtracking, and Branch & Bound along with the tractable and intractable problems. This STTP is also focusing on various algorithms used in data analytics used in data analysis using R programming and Machine learning.
- To study the fundamental concept of Design and analysis of algorithm.
- To discuss problem salving abilities using mathematical theories.
- To discuss concept of computer algorithms to find the optimal solution.
- To discuss concept of analyzing the performance of algorithms.
- To discuss concept of P & NP problems.
- To study the implementation of innovative and effective teaching learning methodologies for imparting the course knowledge amongst the students /learners of the subject.
- To formulate problems precisely, salve the problems, apply formal proofs techniques and explain the reasoning clearly.
- To discuss applications of DAA, R programming Machine Learning.
- To explore the concepts of discrete mathematics with its Engineering Application
- To provide new insights and knowledge about the topic through close interactions/discussions with the senior Faculty Members/Scientists and Experts of the respective field.
- To study how discrete objects combine with one another.
- To understand how computer implementations are significant in applying ideas from discrete mathematics to real world problem
- To learn appropriate use of set, function and relation models to understand practical examples, and interpret the associated operations and terminologies in context.
- To determine number of logical possibilities of events and to learn logic and proof techniques to expand mathematical matur
- Formulate problems precisely, solve the problems, apply formal proof techniques, and explain the reasoning clearly.
Various experts from industries and academic institutes had contributed to this workshop by their able guidance. Following topics get covered in this workshop.
1. DAA basics and advance. by Dr. P. J. Kulkarni, Deputy Director, WCE, Sangli.
2. Optimization problems and Heuristic Algorithms by Dr. A. C. Admuthe.
3. Problem salving by using different methods by Dr. Parikshit N. Mahalle, BOS, Chairman, IT, SPPU, Pune.
4. Genetic algorithms, Evolutionary algorithms and ANN Prof. Abhijit A. M.
5. Complexity theory by Sunil Shelke, PICT Pune.
6. About R programming by Prof. S. P. Pundlik, Pune.
7. Supervised learning by Dr. Prachi Joshi.
This Short term training program was inaugurated by Dr . P. J. Kulkarni, Deputy Director, WCE, Sangli,Dr. Parikshit N. Mahalle BOS, Chairman, IT, SPPU, Pune, Dr.Prachi Joshi, SPPU, Pune, Dr. Sanjay A. Deokar, Campus Director Zeal Education Society, Dr. A.M.Kate principal Zeal college of Engineering and Research, Dr. Prasad S. Halgaonkar (shift-I) and Dr. Swapnaja A. Ubale (shift-II) Head of Computer Engineering Department, ZCOER.