Mechanical Engineering is one of the fundamental divisions of engineering being offered by Zeal College of Engineering and Research with a purpose to drive the world of technology towards newer benchmarks of finesse along with Manufacturing, Aerospace, Robotics and Automation, Mechatronics, CAD/CAM/CAE and other evolving applications.
Mechanical Engineering as a Department was established in the year 2007 and offers Graduate, Post Graduate and Doctoral degree programs under the able guidance of our highly experienced and esteemed faculty members. The state of the art amenities, modern workshops and well equipped laboratories prepare the young learners and helps them keep pace with the fast changing standards of the professional world. Visits to reputed industries and research organizations are arranged and talks by eminent personalities and technocrats are held. National & International conferences, seminars on recent developments are also organized for the professional advancement of the students.
To facilitate the academic interest of the students and to keep them on the cutting edge of recent technology, the Department has evolved a comprehensive student-centric learning approach through workshops, lab sessions, assignments, and hands on training, industrial visits, expert talks of technocrats from the industrial sector, seminars, projects and independent study. The Department has eight Centers of Excellence like Machining Centre (CNC/VMC), Welding, Robotics & Automation, Automobile, Power Plant, Metrology & Quality Control, Digital Manufacturing, FAB lab and Electric Vehicles. It helps the students to apply their class room knowledge to live industrial scenarios.
Through the numerous initiatives of the College, both in the professional and social development sphere, we endeavour to create graduates who would walk into the professional world with confidence in all that they have imbibed in the 4 years of their education.
To be recognized as centre of excellence for aspiring mechanical engineers, catering to the needs of industry and society.
- To impart skill-based learning through centre of excellence and research in the field of mechanical engineering.
- To inculcate engineering expertise, in our students through experiment-based learning and state of the art resources.
- To contribute to society by providing employable mechanical engineers, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
Program Educational Objectives:
- To design and analyse the mechanical engineering systems for cost effectiveness and social awareness.
- To solve real life problems in collaboration with industry and research institutions.
- To prepare the professionals for industry requirements, higher studies and ethical challenges.
- To acquire hands on experience in centre of excellence, to be acceptable in the industry
- To develop overall personality of students through co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
The Mechanical Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment & Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions. .
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.