The Civil Engineering Department of ZCOER has been making large strides in its journey since its recent inception in the year 2013. We have state-of-the-art resources and facilities to help the students to explore and realize their true potential. The Department has an intake capacity of 60 students and offers a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering upon the completion of a four-year course.
We are driven to provide the highest standards of education to the students so that they can make their place and shine in the constantly developing world. Skilled and eminent faculty members help the students complete the course and maximize their learning using a combined approach of the traditional classroom learning and laboratory activities to help them experiment and truly enjoy the process of learning. To ensure the all-round development of our brilliant minds, the students are encouraged to take part in various competitive events at the national and international levels which not only gives them exposure but also fosters the much-needed qualities of leadership, goal-setting, and team work. Student internship program, project exhibitions, quiz and debate competitions, social and cultural events are some of the prominent programs conducted in Department to help the students sharpen their technical skills and explore their hobbies respectively.
To foster Civil engineers to keep abreast with recent technological trends for the benefit of society at large
- To prepare the young Civil technocrats strong in concepts united with the ability to face complex practical situations
- To build up competent Civil engineers strong in professional ethics
- To inculcate social awareness among Civil engineers for nation building
- To establish state of the art centre of excellence in contemporary knowledge area in Civil Engineering
- To promote social impact-based projects
- To encourage students to opt for higher education and entrepreneurship
- To inculcate skill-based learning to solve real time problems
Highlights of the Department:
- 1. State of the art teaching and laboratory facilities
2. Beyond curriculum laboratories like Model materials laboratory and plumbing laboratory
3. Well ventilated and naturally illuminated infrastructure
4. Effective and interactive teaching learning process
5. Guardian Faculty Member system for overall development of students
6. Hands-on training for enhancing the employability skills
7. Civil Engineering Students Association (CESA)
8. Organization of workshops, conferences, expert lectures, educational visits etc.
9. Provision of Communication skill and aptitude sessions for enhancing employability skills
10. Students participation and achievements in curricular, co- curricular and extra-curricular activities